When I was a teenager my home was occupied by my parents, my 2 sisters and 3 dogs. Amalya, the female boxer dog was full of personality and funny behavior. She would sleep with her tongue out of her mouth, she would chase cats in the yard like she was a hunter in the jungle.
And she had weird food preferences. She liked grapes and watermelon, she loved sitting on a chair next to the table like a human being, and more than anything – she LOVED cooked zucchini with eggs.
My mother used to cook this dish quite often even though we didn’t really like it, and the only one who ate it was Amalya. Over the time the dish got its nickname: Amalya’s Zucchinis.
It might not sound so tasty, and it might not look so tasty, but it is really good!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
1 small onion - chopped
2 zucchinis (better to use the light green ones) – cut into small cubes
2 cloves of garlic - chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg - whisked
Salt & pepper
1. Heat the oil in a wide saucepan; add the onion and garlic and fry while stirring until golden.
2. Add the zucchinis and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Cover the saucepan, low the heat and cook until the zucchini becomes soft.
4. If needed, add a little bit of water.
5. Add the egg while stirring and cook for a few seconds until the egg is cooked.
6. Serve as a side dish with rice or as an appetizer with toasted bread