Every time I have been asked how to make a dish, my answer started with “oh, it is so easy…” I am afraid my friends no longer believe me.
Nophar, my friend, is the same – if you ask her for a recipe it will be something like: chop, heat, mix and it is ready. Nophar is not only an amazingly talented designer, but also a great cook. Here is Nophar’s Creamy mushroom soup, and it really is that easy to make!
1/2 cup of dried mushrooms
1/2 cup of boiling water
1 large onion - finely chopped
1.75 Oz (50 grams) butter
2 boxes of fresh mushrooms (2 kinds) - wash, take of stem and slice
1/4 cup of mushroom Bullion (not necessary)
4-5 cups of milk
1 cup of heavy cream
Salt & pepper
1. Put the dried mushrooms and the boiling water in a bowl and cover for 20 min. Strain and finely cut the mushrooms. (You can use the water to replace some of the other fluids in the soup, it'll give it an extra mushroom flavor)
2. In a big pot, sauté the onions in the butter until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the mushrooms. Stir for 5-7 min.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix the Bullion with 1/2 of the milk, and Pour this into the pot.
4. Pour the rest of the milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper (Do not add the sour cream).
5. Heat through over low - medium heat, while steering, for about 10 min, until soup is thicker. If the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat.