Saturday, April 14, 2012

A recipe – Banana Bread


I was trying to make the right adjustments to this recipe so it would be kosher for Passover, but then I thought, “What’s the point?” First, Passover is over today. Second, this bread is so tasty that it is a sin to change the perfect balance between the ingredients.
I planed to keep my diet Passover kosher this week, but there are habits that I guess are stronger than we realize. The morning after the Passover dinner (The Seder) I woke up and fixed myself breakfast. While I was finishing cleaning the dishes I realized that I ate the same breakfast 
I eat every day: toasted bread with avocado. Well, kosher Passover is officially over.


Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter (3 tablespoons)
¾ cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
¾ cups of all-purpose flour
¾ cups of whole-wheat flour
Handful of walnuts, roughly chopped


Directions
1.     Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2.     In a big bowl, mix the mashed bananas with butter.
3.     Stir while adding the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix all together until completely combined.
4.     Add the walnuts into the mixture.
5.     Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.


No comments: