Monday, April 30, 2012

Upper East Side


A few months ago I was watching Gossip Girl. One episode after another, 4 seasons, 87 episodes. I was struggling between the intellectual part of my brain which told me to turn the TV off, and the part of my brain that enjoys watching stupid TV. You can guess which won. But even TV that’s made purely for entertainment purposes can teach you something. 

When I was scheduled to photograph a social event on the Upper East Side, I knew exactly what to expect. I knew that the elevator would open directly into the apartment. I knew that a young guy would open the door and ask for my coat. I knew that a girl would then offer me a drink. I knew that the space would be extremely spacious and well designed. But somehow I didn't imagine the kitchen, and that was a great surprise!


No comments: